Baker at Productive House
The position is for the start-up and taking charge of a micro Bakery with a traditional wood oven situated in the heart of a new ecological architectural development.
The production will be limited to a signature bread (similar to the Poilâne miche), plus two or three special breads according to the seasons.
The baker could either be a salaried or a partner of the project.
The baker must satisfy the following criteria:
- Responsible and serious and wishing to develop an exceptional bread.
- Able to manage his/her time, organize his work space, and give directions to the person responsible for evening Pizza production (also limited to one or two signature staples)
- The Baker will at all times be responsible for the organization of the bakery and the division of tasks, hence the importance of a baker with good managerial and organizational skills
- Consistency in the quality of products
- Knowledge of sourdough
- Good mastery of manual bread production (machinery is of course available for the mixing ; all other machinery will be determined as needed by the baker)
- Knowledge of a wood oven is a plus, but not a requirement
- A transition period will be available before starting commercial production
- Knowledge of French is a plus but not required
- The baker must be an excellent communicator
References must be provided on demand.
Contact: Rune Kongshaug firstname.lastname@example.org / 514-989-7098, 21